So, COX is in the process of burying fiber lines in my neighborhood so they can bring us service. I live in the country so we’ve never had any kind of cable or fiber service. Only satellite TV and DSL from AT&T for phone and internet service. It’s something that everyone in the neighborhood has been looking forward to for a long time so we are excited about it, but COX has hired the most incompetent set of contractors to bury the fiber line. Every day they are cutting someone’s AT&T line. I have been without home phone or internet service since Friday so I decided to stay late at work to update you guys.
My uterus decided to give me a great big slap in the face today.
I have my moments when I’m really down about it, and I have my moments when I’m just looking forward to my next steps.
Let me be real with you folks for a moment here.
This is costing me a minimum of $2,500 a month, I’m trying to do this off of a single income, and I’ve still got my mortgage, truck, and everything else. I knew it was going to cost a lot. I saved up enough money for what I had hoped would be at least 4 tries, but all of the medical testing that was done before hand wasn’t something I had factored in and I had underestimated the monthly costs by about $400.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that my savings for this are running low, but I figured out a way to give this one more try. If it does not work I will have to stop for about 6 or 7 months to save up more money for another 3-4 tries starting around July of 2015.
I’m praying really hard for the 3rd time to be the charm! I’m trying to avoid thinking about how heartbroken I’ll be if I have to wait until next summer to start trying again.
I’m glad that my doctor’s office will see me earlier than usual for my baseline ultrasound since they will be closed on my CD 3 for Thanksgiving. I have an appointment at 9AM tomorrow.
When I spoke with the nurse over the phone she mentioned that we would be doing the same protocol as last month. Am I crazy for thinking that doing the same thing would likely end up with the same result??? I feel like I should maybe ask tomorrow while I’m there why they aren’t being more aggressive this round. I just want the best shot I can get, because if things don’t work out this round I’ll have to put everything on hold… and I really don’t want to do that. I know that financing is an option, but I also decided before I even started that I didn’t want to go into debt to do this.
So far, this is what’s been done, and what they plan to do for this cycle.
Coming Soon! The results of tomorrows ultrasound and the game plan for IUI #3.
The Fertility Blessing
You know my deep desire for a child. A little one to love and to hold, to care for, to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image.
Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby’s birth are in line with Your will.
Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.